If you’re having issues with your Playstation 4 or 5, this guide will help you reset it.
The ps4 system software update your ps4 playstation is a how-to on how to reset Playstation 4 and Playstation 5.
Gaming consoles are an excellent way to enjoy games on a large screen. Sony’s PlayStation 4 and 5 are now excellent consoles. The benefit of these systems is the unique games that can only be played on the PlayStation Console, as well as the PlayStation Plus membership, which gives you a few titles for free every month. You may encounter mistakes, as is the case with electronics. In this situation, doing a console reset is a good idea. So keep reading to learn how to quickly reset your PS4 or PS5 system.
A soft reset and a hard reset are the two types of reset options available on PlayStation consoles. The soft reset will not erase any of your data, while the hard reset will wipe all of your data and conduct a factory reset of your console. Having a backup of your saved games or moving them to an external storage device is a smart option in this situation. Here’s how to quickly reset your PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5.
How to Reset the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5
There may be a variety of reasons why you’d want to reset your consoles. It may be due to an error, a software update that caused a few bugs, or simply because you wish to sell or gift the console to someone else. It is entirely up to you what you do with your console. To learn how to reset your PlayStation consoles, continue reading.
PS4 Console Hard Reset
- Turn your PlayStation 4 on.
- Scroll through the Settings option using the controller.
- Select PlayStation Network from the Settings menu. Account Management is another option.
- Select the Activate Your Primary PS4 option from the drop-down menu.
- Select Deactivate from the drop-down menu.
- Your PS4 will now need to be restarted. To turn it off, press the power button and then turn it back on.
- You may wish to check in with your PlayStation account again when the PS4 turns on.
- Select Settings, then Initialization from the drop-down menu.
- Select the PS4 Initialize option now.
- The Full option is now available to you. This will fully wipe your PS4’s hard drive.
- This procedure may take anything from 30 minutes to two hours. You’ll notice a progress meter that indicates how much time is left before the system is cleaned.
- You may just turn the PS4 off after this procedure is finished.
- The first-time setup screen will appear the next time you power on your PS4.
PS4 Console Soft Reset
- Turn on your PlayStation 4.
- Hold down the Power and Eject buttons at the same time.
- The PlayStation 4 will now shut off automatically.
- Now you must turn on the PS4 by pressing the power button.
- That’s how you can simply soft reset a PlayStation 4.
How to Reset a PlayStation 5 Console
- Turn on your PlayStation 5 and go to the Settings option on the home screen.
- Select the System option from the Settings menu.
- Select System Software, followed by Reset Options, from the drop-down menu.
- Reset Your Console is now available. It will display a notice informing you that all user data and information will be removed from the system. Select Reset to accept it.
- The process of resetting will now begin. During this time, the PS5 will not be able to be used.
- If you don’t want to use the console again once the reset is complete, just turn it off.
This is how you can reset your PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 consoles. If you can put the PS5 console into safe mode by pressing and holding the power button for three seconds and then pressing it again until you hear a few beeps, you can simply attach the controller via USB connection, hit the PS button, and the Safe Mode menu will appear. Rebuilding the cache, rebooting the PS5, and even resting the PS5 are all choices available here.
You Might Also Like : PS4 to PS5 Data Transfer
We hope that this tutorial has assisted you in conducting a reset on your PS4 or PS5. You may leave a remark in the comment box if you have any more questions. Also, please spread the word about this post to your friends.
More Related Content:
The ps4 system software update error is a problem that can be fixed by resetting your Playstation 4 or Playstation 5. This article will provide you with easy steps to do so.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I wipe my PS4 and PS5?
To wipe your PS4, you need to go into the settings on your PS4 and then select System followed by Initialization. There will be a button that says Wipe System.
How do I reset my PS4 and delete everything?
You can reset your PS4 by going to the settings and selecting Initialize PS4.
How do you reset a Playstation 5?
If you are looking for how to reset a Playstation 5, please see this link.
- how to get ps4 out of safe mode without controller
- how to factory reset ps4
- ps4 rebuild database
- ps5 safe mode
- ps4 safe mode update system software